VACATON ALERT (July 13 – August 7, 2016) AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
Hello crafting family,
So, it sure has not been a fun couple of weeks and a stressful start to the summer. But the time has come for my family’s yearly vacation and I’m here to update you on what will be happening.
The kids and I are heading for the east coast this coming Wednesday, July 13th, 2016. It’s been an overwhelmingly busy fall, winter, and spring for us here and a break is required for all to get our heads back in the game. We are a 7 day a week, 12+ hour a day family operation and it’s time for a recharge. We are blessed to have such a growing business but this crafty momma needs to refuel! As I’ve said before, I apologize that this is coming at such an inopportune time, but it is a necessity for the sanity and welfare of my family. I would also like to apologize for the short notice, I’ve been holding off and holding off hoping that the Canada Post issue would go one way or the other to finalize my plans, but unfortunately I just can’t wait any longer.
So, what this means is that as of Wednesday July 13th Craft Shack will be on “vacation mode” until August 7th….HOWEVER….my hubby will be here and working his regular job and will be available in a limited capacity to fill emergency orders if need be. He will be doing so during his days off. Unfortunately his shiftwork schedule can change in a heartbeat so I ask that you message me on facebook or email me (email@example.com) if you have an order you need to place. I will then consult with him on schedule and let you know the timeframe in which your order can be packed and shipped. I know it’s not the ideal situation, but it’s the best we can do at this time.
Although this is not the greatest news, I hope this next part will make it a little easier to bear!
Upon my return (or maybe even a little sooner depending on hubby’s schedule), we will be holding a HUGE MEGA sale…it’s time to make some room for more new product and prepare for the Christmas crafting season. Pretty much every product on our website will be discounted, so while I’m away get your lists ready!! (As always, sales are limited to the stock we have on hand…once they are gone, they’re gone! And orders will be processed in the order that they are received). And with any luck by that time the Canada Post issues will be resolved and we can get back to shipping as normal!!
This last year has been one heck of a ride my friends and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for our little Craft Shack. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for shopping with us to fill all your crafting needs. I am humbled by all of the “have a great vacation” messages I have received already! I truly have the best customers in the world!!
Yours in crafting,
PS – New Brunswick and PEI customers – I can bring orders with me, send me a message if you want a “hand delivery”!!!
July 10, 2016 – Canada Post has withdrawn the lockout threat however the union can still strike, therefore we will be continuing with our alternate shipping arrangements for the time being.
July 8, 2016 – So unfortunately the Canada Post deal fell apart and we are back to square one…
Dear valued customer,
Unfortunately with the unstable state of Canada Post we are no longer shipping with them until further notice. In the interim we have put the following procedure in place:
- Place your order as normal through the website and select expresspost shipping as your method.
- Your order will be pulled, packaged, then weighed and measured to calculate shipping cost.
- You will then receive an email with your shipping options and prices (I will deduct what you already paid on your original order from the shipping quote total). Please watch for this email as I cannot proceed with your shipping label until I have your confirmation!
- Once you have advised me of your shipping option I will then invoice you for the extra required and prepare your label for shipping and place it with the outgoing packages. Orders will not ship until this invoice is paid.
Along with these procedures here are some important details you will need to be aware of:
- Please plan ahead!! Our couriers have advised that due to the overwhelming increase in their volumes that they will NOT be guaranteeing delivery times. My deepest apologies for this, especially for those who are in need of rush orders, but it is beyond our control at this point.
- All couriers require full physical addresses as well as a phone number, so please ensure your account information is correct and up to date. If I need to contact you to clarify it may delay your order until I have the needed information.
- If you are having your package delivered to a business (i.e. your work place) please let me know. Residential deliveries cost a little more so I need to know to prepare a correct quote, as well I need to indicate it on the shipping label.
- If you live in an apartment complex or have a “unit” number I will need to “request signature” upon delivery. This also has an extra charge, but if you don’t do this the courier can just leave it at your door and is not responsible if someone else in your building picks it up.
- Please keep in mind that there is A LOT of extra work on our end to get your packages out the door with all of this. I can’t tell you ho sorry I am for the inconvenience, but we will do our very best to get your order out the door as quickly as possible! I will answer all emails and messages as quickly as possible, but again, with the extra workload I may run a bit behind!
- FedEx has been our courier of choice for the most part as their ground transportation is giving us the most competitive pricing at this point. BUT, please keep in mind, we do not have a depot for FedEx here in Timmins (only an “express” box at Staples), therefore I have to request a pickup with them and when I do, they only pick up next day (usually around 11am). So if you place an evening or late day order, it may be a minimum of 2 days before it actually goes out the door. I am trying to make sure I have a pickup scheduled for each day of the week, but it will all depend on volumes, and even then there is no guarantee as I have already had a day that they did not show to pickup orders because they were just too busy
I can’t apologize enough for this situation, all I can do is hope and pray that Canada Post can come to a labor agreement quickly, but until then we will just have to persevere.
And to add the icing on the cake I will be heading out soon with my children to take them to visit family and attend sports camps on the east coast. While I am looking forward to getting away to recharge my batteries, I am stressed that it has to happen at such an unstable time and unfortunately their camps have been booked for quite some time and cannot be changed at this point.
THANK YOU for bearing with me during all of this and do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Yours in crafting,
Shop Our Products
- Beads & Pendants
- Blanks and Tools for Vinyl Application
- Clearance Items
- Display Solutions
- Hardware and Tools
- Printed Ribbon (by theme)
- Printed Ribbon (various)
- Vinyl (Oracal / Avery / Siser)