Our Privacy Commitment
This policy applies to our web site and all other channels in which Craft Shack collects and uses your personal information.
What information does Craft Shack collect?
We collect two types of information: personal information and non personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
Personal information is information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual. We may collect personal information such as:
- your contact information – e.g., name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- your personal preferences – e.g., language preferences, and marketing consent; and
- your transaction information – e.g., products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number.
Non Personal Information
Non personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example:
- we may ask you for your postal code to assist us with planning our flyer distribution;
- we may collect certain non personal data when you visit our web site, such as the type of browser you are using or the referring URL; or
- we may collect and summarize customer information in a non personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. We may, for example, summarize our data to determine that a certain percentage of purchases are made by males, aged 35 to 65.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product that you requested.
How is your personal information used?
Craft Shack may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- measure and improve the effectiveness of our web site or our marketing endeavours;
- detect and protect against fraud and error; and
Sometimes you will be asked to give your express consent, such as by checking a box to indicate your consent to receive marketing communications, or by providing your signature to indicate your acceptance of the use and disclosure terms presented on an application form.
Other times, we may obtain your consent implicitly when we can reasonably conclude that you’ve given consent by some action you have taken or an action you have decided not to take. Generally, this occurs where the purpose for use of your personal information would be reasonably apparent to you.
Withdrawing Your Consent
You may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure or your information. We will accommodate your request subject to legal and contractual restrictions related to your transactions.
If you have “opted in” or subscribed to one of our newsletters or mailing lists, we will always provide you the opportunity to “opt out” or unsubscribe. For example, each e newsletter we send to you will include a link or other method to unsubscribe or decline further e newsletters.
Information Craft Shack Collects Directly From You
Listed here are some further examples of the ways that we collect personal information directly from you and how we use it:
- Returns: Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase and to this end, Craft Shack offers a return policy. For Craft Shack to continue to offer our return policy, we ask for personal information such as your name, address, and telephone number for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
- Purchase follow up and surveys: Following a purchase we may send you a follow up letter to thank you for your business, or we may contact you to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the delivery of your new product. We may use contact information collected online to conduct occasional surveys and other customer research. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate.
- Our web site: Our web site can be browsed anonymously. However, to engage in certain special features or functions of our web site, or to order products from our web site, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information. We use this information to create your account, contact and correspond with you about your order, respond to your inquiries, and monitor functions of our web site that you choose to use, such as testimonials.
When using our web site, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our web site, the internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the web site you visit, the web site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the web site. This information is used for web site and system administration purposes and to improve the web site.
Does Craft Shack share your information?
When Is Your Information Removed?
We keep your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards that meet these parameters. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your personally identifiable information to render it anonymous.
Last update: August 12, 2013